A couple with the Toucam Tal 200K

Kaptain Klevtsov

Its luck mate. Seriously though, if you pick a frame for alignment that's got sort of average wobble from the seeing, then Registax can pick frames either side of the wobble and succesfully stack them giving a nice image. If your chosen frame is at one extreme of the wobble, then it'll only pick extremely wobbled frames to stack. That's my theory anyway. As I said in the original post, I did enough shots for a full mosaic and only these two worked. Its very much the luck of the draw I'm afraid, I have no secret techniques. Every now and then you'll watch the stacking finish and think "wow! Did I do that?". Its rare, but it happens.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Whats your secret KK? I captured 2600 frames with my 'astrocam' and hand picked the best frames to stack. It came out nothing like any of yours!

2021_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's a pretty sharp looking image Craig, those craters are really well defined. It's just the odd colour, like you spilled Ink over it.

You will get it sussed , it is just a matter of time and the bit of luck KK referred to.

Ron. :smiley:

Thanks for the nice comments folks, it was nice to be able to post something for a change.

I was hoping you were going to blitz us with Fusion images, but maybe later Heh?

Ron. :smiley:

ASAP Ron. The cloud here has been awful for ages now, and if that goes, the fog arrives as the air cools. I just had the one session to get the Fusion test done and the Toucam bit. I would have done a Fusion mosiac, but the file sizes are HUGE!!! 700MB for a one minute AVI? And then 40 ish of them as a mosaic? It'll probably have to do hi-res shots of lunar favourites like Rupes Recta, rilles and valleys as and when possible.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Can't wait for them KK, but going to have to. Weather outlook is pathetic. Strong winds forecast for up here in Cumbria. I have just fitted the wheels on my runoff, which has lifted the roof about 4 inches. I have rigged some protection to stop the wind getting inside. Also put some bracketing between roof and walls to anchor it against uplift. Should/Hope Be OK. Hope to get it sorted properly tomorrow.

Yes, I shall probably adopt that method KK. What I have rigged up at the mo. is only temporary until I have fully modified the project.

Everything is going well, and I hope to have it finished quite soon. Then the all the important stuff can be installed, the blue touch paper lit and off we jolly well go. I am under no illusions mind you, whilst I am getting a bit excited about the next few weeks, there is the realisation that it is not going to be easy peasy. However, there's plenty of answers to any questions I will have available right here on this forum.

In fact I may even become a bleddy pest for a while :smiley:

Cheers

Ron.

Archived