Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon - January 21, 2013

Nightfly

There is some amazing lunar work on this forum. Kudos to you all for some very fine work.

I am mostly a deep sky guy when it comes to imaging, but I thought I would try my new Pentax K-01 on the Moon a few nights ago.

I still have my old T-adapter from shooting prime focus film and it fit just fine to the new Pentax. The old 8" SCT still performs well after thirty years. I added the reducer / corrector to the optic and it pretty much takes care of the crop factor the APS-C sensor takes from the field compared to 35mm.

I shot this in RAW format and processed in Photoshop. 1/400 Second @ f/6.3 ISO 400.

Thanks for looking!

Jim

Tonight%27s%20Moon_1280_ALT.jpg

Would certainly be a good idea to stack a load of frames , I usually shoot sets of 100 and pick out the very best 40 to 50 and put them through Registax V5 .

Convert the RAWs to TIFFs first , Reg struggles with RAW files .

Thanks for the advice Steve. I'll give that a try. It was a cold and windy night, this was the best frame out of a dozen or so. Cheers!

Archived