NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Happiest Man on Earth!!

Fordos Moon

For those of you who haven't read my "disastrous first night" post I just have to inform you of my sheer delight tonight when all my new kit, the ED80 and HEQ5 sprung to life overcoming all my problems with losing screws, doubting the power supply,the polar scope and slewing to point beneath my feet!

Tonight EVERYTHING worked!! As if by magic the jump starter burst into life, Polaris shone like a bright thing in my polar scope and was easily caressed into its circle, 2 star alignment went Bond smooth and two test slews to the moon and M31 boomed right into the centre of my view!!

What a fulfilling evening to which I embarked with little hope on a "just try it again" mission after the dismal night last night!

Even the DSLR and reducer combined to produce a one shot M31 just for testing purposes!

Tomorrow it's re-read a few sections of MEPC again and then a clear sky will come to try some proper astrophotography for the first time!

What a wonderful hobby this is!!!!

post-26268-135828262407_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, it's great when everything goes to plan :). I've had sessions where I haven't managed to see any Messier Objects and just get so frustrated I give up. Then, a few weeks later I get three or five. When everything goes right, you realise why you fell in love with Astronomy :).

Archived