NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion Aspheric 31mm & 36mm

FLO

The new Baader Hyperion Aspheric 31 and 36 mm eyepieces will be available from Monday 8)

Baader31and36aspheric.jpg

The use of aspheric lens elements is interesting. Light rays entering at the edges of conventional spherical lens elements converge at slightly different focal points to light rays entering from the centre. This is known as spherical aberration. An aspheric lens has a non-spherical surface to converge central and peripheral light rays to a single focal point for uniform sharpness and clarity. We should see levels of optical correction, lack of kidney-beaning and a flatness of field normally unavailable at these prices.

Both eyepieces also offer a dual barrel configuration: The standard 2” barrel provides the full 72º field of view, and a special wide-field 1¼” barrel with a field stop of 1.265”(32mm) will extract the maximum field possible from 1.25” telescopes.

Baader have also been clever in that the 2" barrel is fitted via 24tpi SCT threads, which allows direct connection to the rear cell of popular SCTs.

Prices will be £155 and £169.

SGL discount can be claimed against all Baader eyepieces.

A review of both is planned for Guidescope soon :smiley:

Steve, Any ideas whether they have been corrected for use in a fast f4-f5 newtonian? They sound very interesting. Although at the same price of TMB Paragon, that could be a problem deciding :?

Russ has hit the nail on the head there... I'm looking forward to seeing those reviews!

James

Steve, Any ideas whether they have been corrected for use in a fast f4-f5 newtonian? They sound very interesting. Although at the same price of TMB Paragon, that could be a problem deciding :?

Waiting then for these results, since I cannot get on with the Naglers :smiley:

James (Maccers) has kindly agreed to carry out a group test for Guidescope using a number of scopes including an f4.7 Newtonian - thanks James :smiley:

We'll also setup a comparison review of the new 30mm Paragon (when it arrives) and the Baader Hyperion Aspheric 31mm.

I'll also be eagerly awaiting the results. My F5 newt only gives me about a 65% acceptable centre view through my 32mm 2" Moonfish, but @ around £60 for the Moonfish - you get what you pay for - still for the price the Moonfish is still vfm.

I still think, although, i'll stick with my plan to get a SW ED80 for grab and go use, imaging, rich field etc as i think the Moonfish will perform better at the F7.5 of the ED80.

Well that's my christmas list sorted then :smiley:

RB

So it is between a Moonfish and one of these babies.

Hurry up with the review.

Will start saving up, no real hurry as i am still waiting for my new eyepieces which i have still to use and find out how good they are before spending £150 farthings on one of these little beauties.

As the man said you get wot you pay for and i want clear/wide views on my C8N :sunny:

:moon:

Davey

My eyes I think - always I get the black-bar syndrome :( That's why I like the KK series but I still need a 30mm one. Those and the Hyperions of course :evil: It's hard to find a decent EP that works well in the big scope actually... and you feel such a t*t putting a little 1.25" ep in the focuser than climbing up the ladder to it when it's 10 feet high :smiley:

Arthur

Do you have the same problems with the panoptics Arthur? I must admit, I find naglers a little hit and miss depending on the focal length. I couldn't get on with the 16T6 at all, despite it being others favourite eyepiece. The 24Pan in contrast was a dream to use and MY favourite eyepiece. I think eyepieces are a very personal thing, so it's a good job there are so many to choose from!

Not really, I had the 35mm for a while but... I dunno. Soft at the edges is al I remember and yet the KK's, despite being 84 degree (yeah right) and sometimes accused of being soft, are actually quite nice. I really think if the bigger Hyperions are as good as the lower ones then I'll go with them. Smaller field it's true but it's all good and usable. Well, in my scope it is :smiley:

Arthur

I love my Hyperions, as Gordon says they are a very good eyepiece at a reasonable price. I think people these days are a little AFOV crazy when it comes to eyepieces, I mean 68 deg is plenty of sky for most purposes, do you really need 82? :smiley:

.... I mean 68 deg is plenty of sky for most purposes, do you really need 82? :smiley:

Well I find it very useful in my alt-az mounted scopes - more drift time between nudges :evil:

John

true - especially up the ladder! That;s why I ultimately went for the StellarCAT- you get to concentrate on the view not the scope.

Arthur

Archived