NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Year Star Party

valleyman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there faulksy we met up at Blaenavon once a month am sure someone here could get you info on getting to the site

thanks dean i will look it up on google maps just to see how far it is. cheers

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to do an hour of so of observing at home (Cardiff) before the cloud came in an hour ago. Checked 3 more off the Moore Winter Marathon (M36,37,38 and M33 - only a slight hint of the core visible due to LP :()

faulksy: I am fairly new, haven't attended a meeting. The pinned thread on this forum is a useful read, but in a nutshell, the forum is the base for the group, and we have monthly meetings at Blaenavon.

Hi faulksey 113 miles? That's a long way where are you travelling from? The group meets at Blaenavon but it's a pretty informal friendly group with new faces all the time. The best thing to do perhaps is keep your eyes on this thread until matt makes a call on when the next meet will take place. If you haven't found your directions by that time one of us may be able to meet you and show you where the site is the first time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Faulksy here are the co ordinates for the site

+51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74"

I arrange the observing sessions and i give the ok if it goes ahead on the day,your more than welcome to join us and theres always a good turnout.We will also be having a star party in the autumn ( details to follow ).If you are coming to a session i can always meet you somewhere and you can follow me up the site.

Faulksey,although your more than welcome to join us, if your travelling all the way from Wrexham you may be better finding a group in north or mid Wales. I'm sure I remember a group being set up last year, why don't you post a thread and find out if there is one already set up or even set one up yourself. I'm not trying to put you off coming to blaenavon I'm sure you would have a great evening and one of us could meet you on the a470 to guide you thr final few miles but you'll have an awful long way to come and through some stunning skies in mid Wales. Good luck anyway with whatever you decide and let us know if we can help.

Archived