NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Merry Christmas

This has been my first year as a member of this brilliant forum, and has seen me purchase my first scope and take up a hobby which had always in the past been awkward due to work commitments etc.

just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas and to say thanks to everyone who's answered my questions and to others who have posted questions I had forgotten to ask! I have been on many forums for various subjects but can honestly say the members on here are the friendliest bunch and everyone always has time to offer good sound advice. It really feels like being part of club where no one judges one another and people take time to help others out. There is no sense of experienced members having a high and mighty attitude to us noobs!

Anyway,as before Merry Christmas all

Phil

Very kind words Phil (...I've sent the money as promised! :grin: :grin:) and here's wishing you, your family and friends a Merry Christmas and happy New Year too. :icon_rendeer: To be honest in the grand scheme of things we are all beginners really because whether it's kit or the latest discoveries, it always keeps changing and so we are always having to learn that bit more. I agree with John and hope that 2013 will yield some better skies than we have had in the last two years - surely it can only get better? :grin:

Clear skies

James

Even though this is my second Christmas as a member (I got my first scope in May last year) I share the sentiments. This is a fantastic forum where people are more than willing to share their experience and knowledge freely. Alot of other forums and the like which are attached to other hobbies and past times are a little stuffy and seem to think that it is a closed shop and sharing information and knowledge to less experience people is a no no. Well I say poo to that.

Even now 18 months in I still ask questions on the forum and invariably within 20 minutes of posting a question, an answer pops up. Long may it continue.

In any case.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone. Mods, members, everyone........

Archived