Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BST 8MM EYEPIECE

Just ordered myself a BST 8MM EYEPIECE for my SW 150P-DS & EQ5 PRO GOTO which i ordered from FLO this morning.

So looking forward to using all this kit with my daughter :)

Just a question for you peeps, do i need a barlow for the extra reach or will the eyepieces i have be sufficient 8mm & 25mm?

Andy

Just for for starting and for getting used to the scope the two eyepieces will be just fine you may find the scope will come with a Barlow anyway (wont be much good) but you can try it but the other two will be great. Andromeda with the 25mm will be nice and Jupiter with the 8mm will be really nice.

As Wookie has said, get your scope and try it out first, then you can see where to go from there. You will soon see where the gaps are in your eyepieces once you have decided what your viewing prferences are, the BST 8mm is a great first choice and you should get some good views of Jupiter and it four Galilean moons. Enjoy your scope and let us know how you get on.

The 8 mm BST is a great ep and will perform very well indeed. I use mine a lot on planets along with a 2 x Barlow and this works brilliantly. I would wait and try your new ep, see what you think before considering buying the Barlow as the 8mm gives an awesome view of planets with or without the use of a Barlow lens.

Paul.

Are Flo selling the BST range ?

No. But they are available on ebay through skies the limit fo £47. Or you could keep an eye open for second hand. I recently picked up a 12mm bst for £37 and really impressed with it.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

i think perhaps reading again,its the scope thats been ordered from flo. i was wondering the same thing .

Yes its the scope i ordered fro FLO, the BST was brought from ebay for £47, great kit and very fast delivery :)

Andy

Archived