Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

True generosity

Welrod50

Just read an article in the Daily Mail online telling of how Brian May bought Sir Patrick Moore's house at a cost of £480k years back to give his friend some security in his old age. SPM used most of his own fortune helping others, throwing village parties and buying telescopes it seems.

SPM was a truer gent than we all first thought it seems, and Brian May met him with an equal level of kindness!

I think this needs mentioning here. Not least to give SPM and Brian May the recognition they deserve (or perhaps renewed recognition really) but also as an inspiration to everyone else here on SGL. I have been most heartened by the help and advice I have received from the folks here. It would seem that we astronomers, both amateur and not so amateur, are a truly friendly and helpful bunch in whatever capacity we can muster (with knowledge if not finances)

;)

I wonder if Brian may might receive a knighthood? I believe he deserves one......

Check out the full story on the news website!

Peace and clear skies all :)

Two top blokes.

Wonder what Dr May will do with it now. I really hope it is turned into some kind of long-term tribute to SPM. Perhaps a education centre?

Sir Patrick wanted it to be turned into a museum and knowing what hes done now i bet he will honour his wishes and do just that.

Yes I agree, Mr. Brian May like Sir Patrick is a true genuine human being but maybe we should just consider this....

It is very early days in what is very sacred ground. Whilst it has been a very sad week for the most of us, I feel that we should all have our trust in the people that Sir Patrick put his trust in. He had some very very good people around him.They will for sure do him and all of us who looked up to Sir Patrick proud. Please lets let them take care of his legend and legacy.

With the utmost respect to everyone here, I am sure we can be sure that everything will turn out right.

Kindest regards to all.

Brian May is a gent, always knew that from way back to my youthful days. I also learnt very quickly from almost my first post in here that you guys are friendly, helpful and trustworthy.

I hope moonshane doesn't mind me mentioning that he and I met up thursday at his gaff, and it was like we had been mates for ages. Walked into his house, pinched his scope and chatted like we had known each other for years, smashing bloke. I have found this with every person I have spoken to from the astronomy prefernity. We are it appears a very freindly bunch of guys but that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Really looking forward to SGL8. Lots of friends out there I have not yet met :smiley:

Baz

Archived