Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Jup from the 11th

Freddie

The colour missalignments look far better on this Freddie, not just the edge, but the details running along the NEB on the other image clearly had colour missalignments. I get this a lot when winjupos has bad colour edges, and i choose to do a rgb align on reg. it aligns the edge, but at the expense of the planet. Which then has slight colour missalignments. I tend to do a colour noise reduction, when this type of trouble happens ( i get it a lot ) it works well, though will still blur the image slightly as the features are not exactly aligned. Personally i prefer that to bad colour edges. But its a personal thing. Others will likely go for the planet features which are more important. Looks to me like you got some pretty good data. I think the data might well take a bit more sharpening even. You are holding back. But does look very noise free. worth some experimenting with this level o reasonably good quality.

Thanks Neil, the last one wasn't quite right, but I didn't have time to put it right. Something had quite clearly gone wrong in Winjupos. I think I made a better job of the image measurement files in Winjupos on this one. It probably could take a little more sharpening but I always think of clouds as having soft edges so try not to over do it. Not always with great success. For reference, these are the RGBs I'm working with, post AS!2 & R6 wavelets but before any further cleaning up.

post-7987-0-55122900-1355508584_thumb.jp post-7987-0-67491700-1355508614_thumb.jp post-7987-0-15327200-1355508635_thumb.jp

I was lucky to get good data that night.

Archived