NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Version 3.32 Synscan Firmware

Hi All,

The latest version of the synscan software (3.32) has just been released. This appears to be the "official release" as it is not marked as Beta.

Its available Here http://www.skywatche...s1=1&class2=101

and the latest Manual is here

http://www.skywatche...s1=1&class2=180

It features the new polar alignment method (as in ver 3.31 Beta) and "improved accuracy under Alignment sub-menu"

Well looks like its time to upgrade the handset again. Now where did i put my USB to serial adapter??

Cheers John

I only just took delivery of my scope. It came with 3.27 but I figured I'd better update to 3.32 now before I learn an outdated version. :rolleyes:

One thing I noticed is the 'Utility' menu is much more extensive and has an option to dim the polarscope LED. This looks like it will prove very useful.

Polar scope reticule intensity / dimming has been around since version 3.27 launched in Jan 2010. You do however need a version 2 or higher motor control board in the mount.

Version 2 MCBs were shipping during 2009 but because of the long supply chain not all mounts may have this even if they were purchased after 2009......ie if the mount was sat on a shelf somewhere. Its hard to know exactly when the Version 2 boards started shipping but almost certainly not before 2009.

The manual for 3.32 is a lot cleaner and I woud really reccomend a read through as the polar alignment procedure is a lot clearer. Nice that Skywatcher are still maintaining What is essentially a 12 year old mount ( 12 years from Mk1 and 6 years from the v3 handset ).

• 3 weeks later...

Only just noticed this version was out of beta - thanks for the links, btw - and have flashed my handset.

The main feature I wanted to try was the polar alignment - though I do have the EQ5 w/polarscope my Plr-Alignmnt could use any extra assistance.

There are a few things i'm not sure on. (huge shock there, except to those who know me. :wink: )

Regards

Aenima

the skywatcher site seems to have be experiencing some technical difficulties, so I can't get the download. Anyone know another location for the 3.32 update file? Or have a copy they can share?

Yep. PM me your email address and I'll send a copy over.

• 2 months later...

lo guys i am new o the site and to astronomy, we have just purchased a second hand sky-watcher 130p synscan AZ goto it is about a year or so old, i would like to ensure it is up to date and ready to go, i build and maintain pc's as a hobby so the updating procedure is not an issue, i would appreciate it if someone would send me the firmware for it as i have tried and tried to get onto the skywwatcher website but it is down.

any help would be apreciated

Doug

lo guys i am new o the site and to astronomy, we have just purchased a second hand sky-watcher 130p synscan AZ goto it is about a year or so old, i would like to ensure it is up to date and ready to go, i build and maintain pc's as a hobby so the updating procedure is not an issue, i would appreciate it if someone would send me the firmware for it as i have tried and tried to get onto the skywwatcher website but it is down.

any help would be apreciated

Doug

Hey dude,

The skywatcher site is actually retracting the new 3.32 v firmware due to the polar alignment bugs, so as long as you have the version 3.27 or later than 3 its going to both work and be upgradeable in the future - my az goto (also 1 year old) was v 3.27 so yours likely will be the same. Best wait for SW to de-bug the new firmware before flashing, saves hassles and an az mount wont benefit from the new feature anyways plus it works really well as is.

best of luck in your astro ventures

Regards

Aenima

Hi Aenima thanks for the reply

the version i had on ours said 1.5 , i was reading a few articles since i posted and one redirected me to there other site (link below to the download incase anyone else needs it) ours must have been older than the guy said? .. the version at the below link is V3.34 and went on fine release notes

SynScan(TM) Hand Control Firmware (Ver.03.34) Release Note
Date: Feb. 13, 2013
===============================================================
1. Update from previous firmware of SynScan Ver.03.32.
2. Fix the bug in connecting SynScan GPS at power up and enhance the reliability.
3. In EQ Mode operation, recover displaying the Hour Angle of Polaris to providing assistant information for polar
alignment.
The Hour Angle of Polaris can be viewed at the beginnig after the location and time settings, or can be browsed
at "Utility\Show Information\Polaris Pos" sub-menu. Under the sub-menu, Polaris Pos., press the scroll keys to
switch viewing between the Polaris position in polarscope and the hour angle of Polaris.
4. Add editing of the interval time setting between exposures in the Configuration of Camera Control function in
Utility. User may change and set the time interval between exposures from 1 seconds to 10 minutes or more.
5. Temporarily disable the polar (re-)alignment function for the feature still under improvement.

so it would appear that although the polar alignment worked for some they have now dissabled it.

http://ca.skywatcher.com/_english/05_service/01_download.php?cid=1

We will be having a play with it (weather permitting tomorrow evening so i shall report back with our findings.

regards

Doug

Hi Aenima thanks for the reply

the version i had on ours said 1.5 , i was reading a few articles since i posted and one redirected me to there other site (link below to the download incase anyone else needs it) ours must have been older than the guy said? .. the version at the below link is V3.34 and went on fine release notes

SynScan(TM) Hand Control Firmware (Ver.03.34) Release Note
Date: Feb. 13, 2013
===============================================================
1. Update from previous firmware of SynScan Ver.03.32.
2. Fix the bug in connecting SynScan GPS at power up and enhance the reliability.
3. In EQ Mode operation, recover displaying the Hour Angle of Polaris to providing assistant information for polar
alignment.
The Hour Angle of Polaris can be viewed at the beginnig after the location and time settings, or can be browsed
at "Utility\Show Information\Polaris Pos" sub-menu. Under the sub-menu, Polaris Pos., press the scroll keys to
switch viewing between the Polaris position in polarscope and the hour angle of Polaris.
4. Add editing of the interval time setting between exposures in the Configuration of Camera Control function in
Utility. User may change and set the time interval between exposures from 1 seconds to 10 minutes or more.
5. Temporarily disable the polar (re-)alignment function for the feature still under improvement.

so it would appear that although the polar alignment worked for some they have now dissabled it.

http://ca.skywatcher...nload.php?cid=1

We will be having a play with it (weather permitting tomorrow evening so i shall report back with our findings.

regards

Doug

Version 1.5? Wow, that must be very old! Seriously, you should look into that as if im not mistaken the handsets before vers 3 arent upgradable - And they cost a lot to buy seperately, though you might find it works fine. Lets hope its cool.

As far as I know the differences in firmware are pretty minor, its just from ver. 3. and onwards can be self flashed with your pc when new versions are released.

Hope it goes well.

Regards

Aenima

Could it have been a hardware version that i read as 1.5 ? and not the firmware ? when i started it up it had info at the bottom on the left that said 1.5 but i did not get the chance to read the info that was on the right. I checked it last night and all seemed fine, i do however need to align the spotter scope up better as it is a little off.

Archived