Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 5/12/2012 200p with barlow

long_arms

Hello,

Got another load of Jupiter images last night.

Taken with Point Grey Firefly mono. The wider shot with no barlow and the other with the stock 2x barlow.

The seeing was variable but pretty good overall.

All suggestions for improvement appreciated :)

Thanks,

Dan

post-26081-0-58154600-1354819623_thumb.ppost-26081-0-10012600-1354819629_thumb.p

Thankyou all for the kind words!

For the second one I used 2 exposures for the moons and for jupiter.

They're looking very nice. Now you need a filter wheel and a set of RGB filters :)

Yes I don't mind black and white for now but I look forward to getting some colour filters soonish. I've heard that cheap ones aren't great although as I will only be using them for planets I think I may have a go with some.

Dan

The Baader set of 4 for £180.00 ish are pretty decent.

Thanks, I think I'm going to wait a while. I'll be getting a cheap dslr soon to start some non-guided deep sky imaging, so planets will go on hold for a bit I am sure.

Fantastic images, Dan. I'm using the PGR Flea3 and just started experimenting with it myself.

Thanks! Wow a flea3 i can only dream of. This camera including postage was £29! Probably couldnt get a flea3 cable for that aha. If you ever wanna swap lemme know :p

Archived