Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anyone know a company who will install piers?

Hi

I want to install a pier at the back of my house so I can easily use my Celestron CPC 9.25 and an Apt wedge without having to recallibrate every single time.

I've read several pier installation guides and they seem good but I have next to no DIY skills.

I would quite happily pay somebody to install the pier for me, and ideally someone with the relavant experience. Does anyone know of someone who would do this? I live in Littleborough which is near the Rochdale/Bury/Manchester areas.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Not sure what skills you think it needs. I'd reckon that pretty much any "handyman services" outfit could do the work for you, so long as you could provide the pier.

To summarise: dig hole a couple of feet deep, fill with concrete, level the surface, insert ½-inch threaded bar into wet concrete (or drill when set and use 2 part industrial adhesive to secure). Come back in a day or two. Install pier onto bolts, test for level and shim if necessary.

Maybe 6 - 8 hours of work, tops. Anything from £100 - £500 depending on area.

Hi,

I bought an Astrotec pier (semi-portable) and mount it on a concrete block in the back garden.

I dug a hole under the decking about 60x60cm square and then about 60cm deep and filled it with concrete. I placed a patio stone from B&Q on the top before the last layer of concrete went off and levelled it with a spirit level.

Then when it was dry, drilled it and hammered 'drop in anchors' to mount the pillar.

It was pretty easy to do, even easier if you buy the ready mix concrete, you just add water and mix it up in a tub.

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, get a local builder or landscape gardener to do it for you, it shouldn't cost very much.

I mount a C11 on mine, stable as a rock.

post-10602-0-65129400-1354627457_thumb.j post-10602-0-32193800-1354626879.jpg

Archived