Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Carry bag for EP's

bomberbaz

Need a reasonbly priced solution to look after an awful lot of your kit and keep it protected, Argos have a perfect solution.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5692420.htm

I bought one of these and it great. It has pockets for maps and other bits at the front. Inside it has loads of individual adjustable compartments to fits lens, barlows, telrad etc. even have both my counterweights in it. (at the bottom)

Also the whole package is well padded to protect your delicate items.

Best of all, being a rucksack, if you have kit to carry to somewhere at least you can shoulder up most of your smaller pieces together keeping your hands free to hold scope, mount etc. at a penny under £30.00, it's a bargain IMO.

Oh, and I don't work at Argos or have any financial interests therein. :grin:

Steve

Interesting solution.

Most people here go for flight cases with pluck foam. It sounds quite practical though, being able to carry it on you bag, leaving your hands free.

Do post a picture of it in the eyepiece case thread when you finish filling it.

Interesting solution.

Most people here go for flight cases with pluck foam. It sounds quite practical though, being able to carry it on you bag, leaving your hands free.

Do post a picture of it in the eyepiece case thread when you finish filling it.

http://stargazerslou...ye-piece-cases/

I must be getting tired. I meant the backpack sounds practical, as you can carry everything on your back, leaving your hands free.

It's a case of protection vs convenience. I am paranoid about fungal growth on optics and all my eyepiece cases are moisture sealed. Soft sided bag are not air tight, so I won't use one for optics storage myself.

I do use soft sided padded camera bag for carrying my GP2 mount. The configurable compartment system is great for separating the mount head, controller, counterweights, slow motion knobs and various adapters.

It's a case of protection vs convenience. I am paranoid about fungal growth on optics and all my eyepiece cases are moisture sealed. Soft sided bag are not air tight, so I won't use one for optics storage myself.

I know where you are coming from there Keith, which is why each of my EP's and accessories has two of those little silicate bags that remove dampness.

I use a camera accessories bag for items such as telrad / riser base, collimator tool, torches, 12v hairdryer, air blower, pens etc.

As for the eyepieces, filters & diagonal, I dont like to take any chances with these and use a flight case, mine is a Jessops Cam Case 60.

Archived