Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

advice on dslr please....

Moon monkey

Hi everyone I am looking into changing my camera for Astro work.... I would like to mod this camera ie. take the IR filter out.

My budget is around the £250-£300 mark... obviously second hand...

Your help and advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks MM

There's a ready-modified 550D in the classifieds at the moment for a bit more than your budget, but probably very little different from what it will cost you to do the mod yourself especially when you look at all the other bits thrown in.

James

Only finger trouble :D No problems from using refurbished bodies - these are as good as new. The first 1100D I got was from Amazon and new - that was the one I succeeded in destroying when going a lot further than just filter removal. I did tear the display cable on that first one but found the display wasn't necessary and that I could control all needed functions via USB from computer. You need to be careful taking the back off as the display ribbon cable is quite short and can tear. But after that first seemingly catastrophy first time, I have removed the filter on several since.

This is the link to the ones on ebay I bought :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320885602263?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Only finger trouble :D No problems from using refurbished bodies - these are as good as new. The first 1100D I got was from Amazon and new - that was the one I succeeded in destroying when going a lot further than just filter removal. I did tear the display cable on that first one but found the display wasn't necessary and that I could control all needed functions via USB from computer. You need to be careful taking the back off as the display ribbon cable is quite short and can tear. But after that first seemingly catastrophy first time, I have removed the filter on several since.

This is the link to the ones on ebay I bought :- http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Same people i got mine from,,,,reliable....

Archived