Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WO 6mm SPL or TMB 6mm Planetary

bingevader

Only had a look through the 12mm SPL and it was very sharp, quite impressive. The scope it was in was quite slow at F8, so no real test of edge correction but i imagine it will still work well down to F5.

Had a few cheap TMB Planetary clones and all have been good, never disappointed. Couldn't say if the SPL is worth the extra cash or not to be honest.

That's my problem.

They both seem to have pretty good reviews individually, but people don't seem to have used both.

I know there's a thread lower down comparing the WO 6mm SPL to a Radian, but I'm not sure I'd call that a fair test! :grin:

I'm not in the market for a Radian unfortunately!

Cheers

This review covers the 3 WO SPL's and compares them to other eyepieces including the BO / TMB Planetary, which is the original (and genuine) TMB Planetary produced from the partnership between Burgess Optical (BO) and Thomas Back of TMB:

http://www.astromart.com/articles/article.asp?article_id=629

Whether the TMB Planetaries currently on sale are as good as the originals might be a matter of some doubt though.

This review covers the 3 WO SPL's and compares them to other eyepieces including the BO / TMB Planetary, which is the original (and genuine) TMB Planetary produced from the partnership between Burgess Optical (BO) and Thomas Back of TMB:

http://www.astromart...?article_id=629

Whether the TMB Planetaries currently on sale are as good as the originals might be a matter of some doubt though.

I'd read that review a week or so a go and completely missed the comparison to the TMB!

If I was buying TMB Planetary's, I would buy the genuine examples from the USA. I have used both the genuine & the clones found on Ebay. I found the latter to be inferior optically, as well as in fit & finish.

Thanks, maybe I'll stick with the WO then.

Cheers

Archived