Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few lunar images with my new QHY IMG132E

lukebl

Hi all,

Here's a few quick results with my QHY IMG132E, which I've had for a few months, but not got round to using it before now. Not the best results, but I thought I'd try it at full frame 1280x1024 pixels. I've had a real problem with the capture software. Admittedly these are full-frame, so the download will be slow, but I could only manage 4 fps with the bundled software. I know that Firecapture is supposed to be pretty good and much faster with this camera, but I just can't get it to function. I think the camera has potential, but I'm not there yet!

These are around 800 stacked frames, 3x Televue Barlow, 250mm f/4.7 Newtonian.

Crater Langrenus:

8196390305_27ac898b40_z.jpg

Petavius:

8196390605_bd581f2354_z.jpg

Mare Criseum:

8197482070_74c7b3460a_z.jpg

Crater Janssen

8196391121_4064fd7b1a_z.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys! I

....... What sort of problems are you having with Firecapture? I'm finding it a bit of a learning curve but seem to be getting it to work OK.

Well, Roger, Firecapture just won't run on my laptop. I just get the attached error before it starts, even if I uninstall and reinstall it.

post-3895-0-49409000-1353316501_thumb.jp

Thanks Roger. I've now uninstalled it, and installed the v2.2 beta version and it seems to be working well, at around 25 fps at full-frame. Now, for once, I am looking forward to a clear sky AND the moon. No such luck, by the look of the forecast.

Glad to see you have it working - I have found it essential to have nothing else running on my laptop (make sure your AV software isn't updating or scanning!!!) and you should get 45-60 fps without too much trouble. The real killer is exposure - so use gain to get the image brightness up. An exposure of 20ms limits you to 50fps (actually slightly less) so try and work around 5-10 for Lunar. I've been using 15 fps for Jupiter and getting decent images - at a focal length of 2.25m. To keep file sizes sensible you can turn off debayering, this also seems to speed things along a bit - I'm now taking 10,000 frame .avi's of Jupiter, at above 70fps, as standard and stacking maybe 1000 "best" of them, but I'm still experimenting.

• 4 months later...

Archived