Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 or HEQ5?

Rumpelstiltleg

Agreed - the NEQ6 will give you plenty of headroom for load capacity should you wish to change/upgrade scopes and accessories in the future.

You'd want to consider the HEQ5 over the NEQ6 if you felt lugging 35lbs of metal around would present a problem.

Thanks to you all.

The NEQ6 sounds the business to me. It will need moving to a dark skies area about 40mins away ( Mt Teide national park), But shouldn't be a problem. I count myself very lucky to have such a great viewing site nearby. I look forward to being able to use the new gear in Feb on my next visit. I will submit my humble early imaging attempts ASAP after that. This website is pure inspiration. Very excited about my newly rediscovered hobby. Thanks again.

Regards Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The NEQ6 most definitely is the business Mike. It is superb. Mine was faulty when delivered but getting a new one sorted as we speak.

As long as you are able bodied you'll be fine. Be surprised when you first see (and hold) it though. They ain't small or light !

The NEQ6 most definitely is the business Mike. It is superb.

Agreed - it is a very popular choice amongst members on this forum and with good reason. To get a mount that is significantly better, you're into the big bucks brigade (Mesu and beyond).

Thanks to you all.

The NEQ6 sounds the business to me. It will need moving to a dark skies area about 40mins away ( Mt Teide national park), But shouldn't be a problem. I count myself very lucky to have such a great viewing site nearby. I look forward to being able to use the new gear in Feb on my next visit. I will submit my humble early imaging attempts ASAP after that. This website is pure inspiration. Very excited about my newly rediscovered hobby. Thanks again.

Regards Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wish i could transport my NEQ6 there, we have apartment on the golf but dont think airline would let me take my kit in the cabin, and dont trust the baggage handlers LOL

Velvet

Archived