Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rigel Quikfinder Dew Control

Hi all. Can people tell me how they control dew on a rigel quikfinder? I used mine the other night and the bottom half of the glass got dew on it and the top half didn't. Ideally I would like both to be clear. I have seen you can buy heat tapes that go on the rigel which are controlled by a mains powered controller but if I was to use one of these I would prefer battery powered as I want to take it out and about, can you get one like that? If not heat tapes is there any other method ie. some sort of cover? What do others do?

The homemade hood works quite well most nights. Although mine (for the Telrad) failed miserably on Saturday night. The dew was terrible. Decided to order the Revelation heated pad. Seen it used by others for the Rigel too. You'll need a 12v battery pack and a simple controller too. So all in all not that cheap really. £18 for heater pad, £12 for a straight through power connector and the need a for 12v Powertank.

• 4 months later...

Archived