Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Butterfly nebula from Provence

jarbi

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in the title I took this image during out yearly astrocamp in south France. My camera was an Atik-11000 mono CCD, with Baader LRGB filter set and Atik EFW2 filter wheel.

I had 250 min guided exposure (L: 10x 10mn, R,G,B: 5x10 min with 2x2 binning ) with a Meade-5000 127mm APO refractor. Mount was my Atlas EQ6 (driven via EQASCOM and guiding with PHD guiding ). I have done all preprocessing steps and the LRGB synthesis in Nebulosity 3, final touches in Photoshop.

On the three nights when I took these frames we had very different seeing conditions, unfortunately with some haze also. But all things considered I am very happy with this result, it was my first go on this object.

On the side note I also would like to mention Sequence Generator Pro: it worked flawlessly one week long every night, and it greatly facilitated my capturing process. So a big thumbs up for SGPro from me !

Clear skies,

Janos

post-632-0-79581500-1352303756_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for your nice words ! Now my next challenge is starting up with Hubble palette. I have almost all filters, just waiting for the Ha. This way I can still image nebulas at home as well,

Clear skies,

Janos

Archived