Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best session to date

Sirius Bizness

Finally a clear weekend night and some new EPs have come together to give the best session to date.

First of all I bagged my first galaxy, M31. Was truly and amazing sight in the MN190 with the 35mm EP.

Skipped over to M45 and it fit nicely in the FOV. However it was the Double Cluster that blew me away. A first for this object and its one of my favourites now.

Went over to some high powered viewing of the moon and Jupiter. Jupiter is looking great with 3 large moon clearly visible, one just hanging off the bottom.

And to finish off I was treated to the brightest meteor I have ever seen. It scorched through the sky way brighter and wider than Jupiter. A nice mix of yellow and red. I never knew they could get that big. Was in Derby, looking west, above Vega some time after 9pm.

Very good session by the sounds of it.

I remember seeing a meteor a while ago, it was fairly bright and left a trail that was visible like a plain trail is for a good 20mins. Ive only ever seen the double cluster once, but definitely going to have to have another look soon

Good report.

Archived