Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spot the ISS , new from NASA . .

Steve Ward

Thanks for that, I too have sign up for it, now along with myriad of apps I have for satellite passes I have on my phone I never need miss a pass again. :D

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

That so made me laugh :) I have got an iPad full of astronomy apps which is all well and good but I haven't

got a clue how to use my telescope!

Not good enough for me I'm afraid. Seems a bit dumbed down. Still, it's free I suppose. I can view passes as low as 30 degrees even though it may be for a minute or so at that angle. I like those viewings more because of the angle of the Sun on it's solar panels and the challenge of spotting it. Especially when sky conditions aren't so clear. I'll stick with the best satellite tracker ever written for the Windows PC. WX Track and my iPhone App of which both give me ALL PASSES over my horizon from 10 degrees if I choose to configure it that way.

(Quote from website)

This service will only notify you of “good” sighting opportunities.

That is sightings that are high enough in the sky ( 40 degrees or more) and last long enough to give you the best view of the orbiting laboratory. This will be anywhere from once or twice a week to once or twice a month, depending on the space stations orbit. Don't worry if there are big gaps in between sightings.

Archived