NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

GALLOWAY STARCAMP SCOTISH OBSERVATORY FIELD TRIP

Hi all, i am thinking organising a trip to the new scotish dark sky observatory up on the north end of the dark sky park. on the afternoon evening of the 18th nov which is the sunday, and last day of the starcamp. there will be a talk and tour of the obbsy, which is £2, and another small charge if we wish to use the scopes if it is clear eary evening. OPTIONS ARE.

we drive up yhere in our own cars.

i get a bus and driver. (wont know cost till end of week) or i get a bus and drive myselfe.

NEED TO KNOW if you are really interesd and numbers so i can put something together. we may stop of in some areas of the dark sky park on the way home too.

PLEASE comfirm interest here or withe me direct so i can get it sorted.

cheers steve

Hi Steve,

I was talking to a couple of guys from the local astro soc that are involved in the project, when I was down at Kielder, it all sounds great. Both myself and James are up for a visit and are happy to take the car or put something towards the hire of a bus. :)

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

count me in but would prob drive over [unless there's a stop near glasgow south ] and there's a few new guys from astronomy society of glasgow who may be intrested as well .

sorry this event is part of the staramp so is only for starcamp attendees only. the observatory will probably do an event for your sosciety if you contact them direct.

cheers steve

• 4 weeks later...

Archived