Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 22.10.12 C11 SPC

AztecastroMcJ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that middle image James, The last two look the most natural, the first has the most detail. much better in my opinion. Less detail of course, there always will be with more natural renditions. But what you lose, you gain in another way.Others may dissagree, we are all different, and its just a case of finding what you like perhaps.

As far as i am concerned that middle image is the best processed so far ( possibly the last image. though needs a bit more contrast ? ) it has lots of detail still, but has that natural texture that speaks of a gas planet. not a sharpening routine on a laptop. Hope you agree James. wonder what others think ? When you process new data. ( new captures from another date ) try to remember what youve learned here. its easy to go back to old habits, i do it often, we all do. But the art is consistently producing natural and detailed images. I think youve done that here. well done, superb capture and processing. A far cry from last week. youve improved dramatically fast, and although seeing has played a big part. Its not just seeing thats improved in the last week. I dont think anyway. Keep doing what your doing. better will likely come. A better camera with fully understood settings, should push your images even more into superb quality. Nice one James

As Neil says the 2nd image is the best balance between sharpness and smooth. For me the 1st image is still too noisy. The noise reduction function on Image Analyser is very good I'm not sure if you use that James?

It would make a big difference to the noise level if you could use some of these stacks in a de-rotated image say over a 10 min time span?

Archived