Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ Pro 5 ( the end game )

alan potts

Everyone that chipped in when I had problems.

A few months back I was having a nightmare of a time with the mount. Almost everyone said "power" just like Jeremy Clarkson. Well I cleaned things up and for most of the time using the powerpack things were better. I have now got a mains 6amp 13.8 volt pack which seems to make things run to a whole different level. It seems no matter how Iset it up even if i am not trying to be that accurate, it works putting the star or cluster smack bang in the middle of the FOV.

Thanks to all who I foolishly doubted, but as you can see I listened in the end.

Alan.

Hi, I occasionally get the red LED flickering. Sometimes in a 2secs on/2 secs off pattern. It all works completely fine though. This is with fully charged and perfectly working powertanks and the supplied HEQ5 power cable.

So, do you mean you are now powering it from the AC mains with a 240<>12V Power Supply Unit?

Are you still using the supplied power cable to the mount? I hear it is often this cable that can cause issues....

Yes I bought a Mac Power 6Amp 13.8 volts, all seems fine. the powerpack checked out fine to but the mount seemed to have a mind of it own some nights. I have cleaned the cable and had that ckecked too. It remains to be seen if the problems come back.

Alan

When the sky's clear i can try my NEQ6, up to now its run off a 5amp 12volt supply, the mount red light has always flickered, having read this thread i checked the voltage on the handset, it showed 11 volts, i have been to Maplins and now have a 7 amp 13.8volt supply, all wire in just need some stars to test it on...the GoTo never every got any thing near the middle of my 30mm EP always right on the edge,,,,fingers crossed....:)

About 5am at psp12 last weekend I powered up my neq6 mount,I was reluctant to do this as there was a lot of dew around at that time.I was using fully charged marine battery but my power led was flickering on & off.

I used 12v lead supplied with mount and double checked connection .

This worried me a lot.I am yet to power up mount since then.

My battery shows fully charged green light & 12v output with volt tester.

Anyone shed any more light on this problem.

Thanks

Kenny.

i also had the dreaded flashing light the other night while at my dark site, caused big issues with the RA tracking i suspected a dodgy lead or connection to the leisure battery

luckily i was able to power the mount through my hitecastro mount hub pro which fixed the problem to a certain extent i still had the odd flashing led but all was good in my RA tracking. i have bought a new power lead from FLO as the one i was using i think came with my atik camera which i'm sure wasnt ideally but i haven't had the chance to use the new lead yet

Archived