NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 12/10/12 with new DFK 21AU618.AS (colour)

stev74

After having some good results last year with an SPC880 I decided to upgrade to the DFK. I got the colour version as I'm imaging with the 300P dob and it can be a bit of a struggle keeping the planet on the chip and I just felt changing filters would make that process even harder. :smiley:

Anyway i got a fair amount of data on the 12th but this is the first chance I've had to process an image from that night. I tried AS!2 for the first time and then used linked wavelets in R6, that's the only processing I've done so far, so any comments on how to get more detail from my AVI's would be really appreciated. :smiley:

Details

SW 300P Flextube SynScan

x4 Imagemate

10000 frames @ 60fps

Best 30% stacked with AS!2

Linked wavelets 1 and 2 in R6

I've attached the original Bitmap and a JPEG version.

conv_Jupiter0014 12-10-06 02-54-14_g4_b3_ap31.bmp

post-4224-0-03816300-1350479942_thumb.jp

Micheal, I don't mind at all - feel free to have a play with the image, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, simple steps to bring out more detail. Your version is definitely brighter and showing finer detail in the central region thanks! :smiley:

Excellent image, the cameras really working well. I'm no expert but one trick / technique I try is the upsize the images (AVI) using virtualdub then run registax and down size again or not as the case maybe? The theory being that the alignment of frames will be better and produce a improved result when stacked. I'm sure other can give you some better advise... Tips & tricks etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks very much for all the comments and advice on this thread and sorry for the time it's taken to reply but over the last couple of weeks I've had some real problems with my desktop.... basically it's now dead and gone to silicon heaven (luckily it was recently backed up)!! :cry::angel7:

So it's taken a lot longer than expected but I've taken on board the advice on this thread and others and I've now had a chance to reprocess my image - extra thanks to Space Cowboy for your excellent YouTube Image Analyzer Tutorial!! It's a steep learning curve but all the other great images on here have been a inspiration and the comments on all the threads by the more experienced planetary imagers has been really helpful. :smiley:

Anyways I still have a good way to go but I'm quite pleased with this image now.

Details -

PIPPed, AS!2 x1.5 Drizzle, R6 Wavelets - reduced 75% and final processing done in Image Analyzer.

post-4224-0-83742600-1351954476_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear about your PC probs Stev, they can be a right pain, nice shot by the way things are coming on i see.

I am thinking of ordering either the OSC 618 or the Mono (as i would like to do solar imaging as well) the 60 FPS sales point is a concern of mine though, will it do 60 FPS everytime or ONLY if the object is very brightly lit or you have a large Primary mirror ? this is what i have read & it worries me that i will part with my £'s expecting 60 FPS & only getting 30 ? My scope as you can see is the C8 SCT, but i felt if it's advertised as outputing 60 fps then thats what i would expect.

I see you have a 300mm Dob Stev so i expect you can get 60 FPS out of it but would i ?

Thanks for any light you can throw on this

Archived