Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to make a Finder into a Right Angled Finder?

OXO

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you know or have done anything like modding a finder scope into a right angle one with a diagnol? quite fancy doing this with mine esp on the C6-R.

James :?:

I guess you'd have to cut the tube down and add in a simple R&P focuser. Should be too hard I would imagine.

Then at least you could add a diagonal and use your standard EP's or even an illuminated EP.

Be interesting to see what you come up with

Ant

The easy way is to take the prism out of an old pair of binos and fashion a wooden mounting adapter to the back of the finder. Focusing can be a trick, but the ones I've seen have sufficient travel in the threads to allow it. If not, you can always trim the finder tube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One way , if you have the spares lying around, is to take two finders of differing focal lenghts and put the longer focal lenght lens on the shorter tube. Then you have the extra fl to use .925 and bring it into focus.

it's not really cost effective though unless you have the gear lying around as 'junk'.

• 2 months later...

I have done this with an old Meade 6x30 finder my friend gave me. All I did was fitted the diagonal from a Tasco 600 DST refractor (you know the type :clouds1:) and worked out roughly where the eypiece would come to focus. I then cut down , before the eyepiece end, the tube and used a piece of PVC tubing to hold the two halves together. looks pretty ugly, but it works a treat.

Andy

Archived