Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron X-Cel Set.

Finally decided to invest in some eyepieces as i only have the stock ones that came with the scope at the moment.

I used some of the X-Cel ones last night at an astro event and they seem good value off of FLO and have nice eye relief. Does anyone know if these come in a set with a case instead of buying a few and a case separate, i've had a look but cant seem to find one anywhere.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the 12mm and its a nice eyepiece, I'll be selling it though as I've a 13mm ethos on the way.

Not seen a kit anywhere but as has already been said much better to buy separately, FLO is the best price at £69 but there are some on eBay at £60.

My only criticism is the rubber on the twist up eye guard isn't glued on very well.

I love my Xcel LXs but I've never really seen a point in eyepiece sets. At low and medium powers I never feel the need for 30% more magnification. Get yourself something low powered, something about 100x, something just under 200x and something just over then see whether you feel the need for anything in between.

Many thanks for the advice guys. I have a 7.5 SP that my Mum bought me a few months back, so will get the 12, 18 and 25 for now. possibly the 9 but when have a 7.5 seems a bit pointless. Found them for £60 each on anothe site so a bit cheaper than FLO, should be able to afford an RA motor too for the EQ5. Exciting times :)

There are two versions of the xcels, I think FLO have the new and allegedly better ones. Might be worth checking which versions the other site is selling for £60.

he might be refering to e bay. theres a buisness seller selling the x-cel lx models for £60. new but seems very cheap with free post.

they are the new versions. at least the image is.

here -http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416c746e6a

the only thing i dont like is lack of full description from seller. and sometimes they are sold as new when a customer has returned it for a refund,many have issues with the eye cups coming off, so they get glued back on which is fine as long as they are sold as used i suppose.

there was a full set of x-cel lx ep's on either astrobuyandsell or ebay a week or two back.as above on the eye cups,notorious annoyance but once reglued they dont prove any problem but still detracts from an otherwise great eyepiece.i had a 25mm,12mm and 7mm and enjoyed all 3 before upgrading

A couple of my x-cel lx's came from a guy on eBay. He was originally doing them for £49 with free post and the service was great.

A couple of weeks later they went up to £59. Still a great price.

that's a steal !

they are the new versions. at least the image is.

here -http://www.ebay.co.u...=item416c746e6a

the only thing i dont like is lack of full description from seller. and sometimes they are sold as new when a customer has returned it for a refund,many have issues with the eye cups coming off, so they get glued back on which is fine as long as they are sold as used i suppose.

These are very good value but whats with the Hama (AHA) in the description?

• 2 weeks later...

These are very good value but whats with the Hama (AHA) in the description?

ive ordered a 18mm x-cel lx from this seller after a swap of e mails and a look through the feedback. i put in a cheeky offer which was declined ( well you never know :rolleyes: ) but the counter offer was £58 , which i thought was worth a punt. i shall report back with my findings.

WEX ( warehouse express) reputable online camera dealer sell them at £60.

cant believe there are retailers selling at £85+ when others sell at £60. thats quite a difference, i will still await my e/p and return a verdict. :smiley:

okay well the 18mm x-cel lx arrived as per advertised. brand new, well packeged ect. so seems a good deal under £60,considering some retailers want over £80. now i just want some clear skies to go with it .

Archived