Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First session of the season!

badgerchap

After what felt like an interminably long and cloudy summer, September is finally here!

Took out binos and small scope and had a great time!

M31, M45, Perseus double and Jupiter, all just lovely. Small equipment may not get you the more elusive targets, but for quick satisfaction, you just can't beat it!

What is everyone else glad to see the return of, now autumn is on its way? (Taking bets on how many people mention M42.....)

Yes, very happy that September has been very clear. I have managed six sessions.

I am looking forward to finding a load more new objects and revisiting some of the best (of which M42 / M43 are probably top of the list).

Also looking to fill in some of the gaps in my spring galaxy collection, but that's a way off.

I quite often get the bins out for shorter sessions. Casseopeia is probably the binocular highlight.

I look forward to viewing some of you photo attempts, something i've not got into yet.

Clear skies!

It's funny what you say about small scopes. I had the 12 inch out last night and spent most the time looking through the finder. I used my new 13mm Ethos which at first I thought was poor then realised I hadn't removed the clear lens cap, what an idiot. It is that outer 2 inch barrel part that threw me.

Alan.

It's funny what you say about small scopes. I had the 12 inch out last night and spent most the time looking through the finder. I used my new 13mm Ethos which at first I thought was poor then realised I hadn't removed the clear lens cap, what an idiot. It is that outer 2 inch barrel part that threw me.

Alan.

:grin: You have no idea how many times I did the same! But why on earth has TV put a clear 1 1/4" cap on in the first place? I keep meaning to buy some of the bright yellows end caps you see on ebay.

This year I'm looking forward to Orion returning for only one reason......the nags head. I'm gonna bag this little critter this year if it kills me. I got oh so close last year (I could make out the neb with averted vision but couldn't be sure on the "notch" that is the horse head).

This year I'm looking forward to Orion returning for only one reason......the nags head. I'm gonna bag this little critter this year if it kills me. I got oh so close last year (I could make out the neb with averted vision but couldn't be sure on the "notch" that is the horse head).

You will definately find it with that 20" once its finished Steve :smiley: ,i love this time of year the return of my favorite ( M42 :tongue: ) but i love watching Jupiter,Venus and the Moon they seem to Dance together around the autumn sky.P.S congratulations on getting the first session under your belt hopefully the first of many clear night for us all.

I think they know that someone will do it, it just goes to show TV have a sense of humour. I am going to take my black one from my 13mm Nagler and swap them, when I do it again I will just think it is cloudy.

I am pleased I am not the only one that has been caught out.

Alan.

Archived