Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher products at Photokina 2012

FLO

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek: whats the pay load on them!!

Not sure about the payload, but the new altitude bolt looks substantial compare to the standard EQ6's, about the size of those you find in the average G clamp.

If FLO upload some photos from the mount's East side, then you will see what I mean.

Thanks for posting

That AZ EQ6 looks good. Do you have any idea how much it will cost?

Not yet, sorry.

Also, any news on the Quantum ED triplet?

We are expecting news regarding Skywatcher triplets but until we receive it I don't think we are allowed to discuss them :blush:

Often we first hear about new products when SGL members post details leaked abroad.

So this Photokina 2012 is happening now? Wasn't EQ7/8 announced in 2010 Photokina? Two years ago,

It is happening now. The prototype of the EQ8 was first shown at Photokina 2010 and photos were posted here. The mount is still in development but we are hopeful for release around Spring 2013.

still not much more light shed on it. :confused:

Please see the Skywatcher EQ8 product listing at our website for details and specification :smiley:

:eek: whats the pay load on them!!

We don't know. We'll post details when we have them but we consider manufacturer's payload figures as guidelines only. Manufactures have a tendency to exaggerate maximum payloads :smiley:

Are these about to hit the market Steve?

We are expecting the AZ EQ6 GT mount to arrive before Christmas this year and the EQ8 around Spring 2013.

HTH :smiley:

We are expecting news regarding Skywatcher triplets but until we receive it I don't think we are allowed to discuss them :blush:

Often we first hear about new products when SGL members post details leaked abroad.

Sorry, I didn't know it's still secret. Synta had one on display in CIOE earlier this month, so I thought they would have bought one for Photokina as well.

TS says ~2000 EUR for the AZ-EQ6.

German retailers source Skywatcher from OVL too (OVL are Skywatcher's european importer/distributer). OVL haven't released a price yet but they might have discussed it with TS as they are currently in Germany attending Photokina. Or it might be a guess. We'll know soon :smiley:

The EQ8 looks big :)

It is! :grin:

Archived