Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setting up

For viewing at home I don't take it apart at all - I just man-handle the whole thing in and out of the patio doors (my scope is only a 150p)

for taking to Wales I leave the tube in the rings. I have marked the dovetail to show correct position for balance

I do take the rings off as I'm clumsy getting the mount out of the house as it's heavy for me, and not only do the rings add weight but I also seem to bash them against the door frame! As has been said, I've marked the balance point on the OTA.

Alexxx

I take my 200p out of the rings but leave the rings on the 150pl. Purely because I find the 200p a bit cumbersome to hold while I'm trying to screw the dovetail bar in.

Do you have The 200 dobs scope? I've looked for a tripod for it but not sure what I can use?

I welcome any advice!!!

Sorry if not made myself vey clear. I want to change the standard wooden base mount that comes with the Skyliner 200p (8") to a tripod version but not sure if you can do this with the size of the scope being so large?

Sorry if not made myself vey clear. I want to change the standard wooden base mount that comes with the Skyliner 200p (8") to a tripod version but not sure if you can do this with the size of the scope being so large?

The 200p Newt will need an HEQ5 or NEQ6 EQ mount. The HEQ5 should suffice for visual use but the NEQ6 would be needed for imaging

Archived