Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange lights, what strange lights?

centroid

Ok, someone had to mention it :wink:

I'm sure that all of us who saw those 'strange objects' in the sky at Kelling on Saturday night, are really too embarrassed to mention them ;), hence nobody has had the courage to say "UFO". :(

Well, come on, we hadn't a clue as to what they were, and they were indeed unidentified objects in the sky, and they were moving about before just 'vanishing'.

Other than that, I'm saying nothing. :nono:

Dave

Ive never known those lanterns to travel horizontally, had some at my wedding and they went up up and away! These things travelled about 50-70 miles an hour horizantally, no noise, nothing! Then all of a sudden, a bit of a flicker then they'd dissappeared!

I fly planes, and have never seen ANYTHING that can do this! Its not an afterburner as, as they travelled towards us, you could not see the engine!

I looked at one through a set of binos as one was on the horizon and coming towards us! Could only make out a fussy orange blob travelling up then it stopped and then dipped behind the horizon!

STRANGE TO SAY THE LEAST

Darren ;)

These sound a lot like the sighting flares used by US military aircraft instructors to sight where trainee dummy bombs land and other purposes. I see them all the time, as I live near an Air Force gunnery range. They are a sodium flare mounted below a specially shaped parachute. Deployed by the instructor, they can hang in the air for hours, as the heat from the flare heats the air in the parachute and makes it stay aloft, or even rise. I'm sure the RAF has something similar, though I'm not familiar with the location.

Mmmmm...

I think we were all transported to another planet in another dimension at the speed of light and lived alternative lives...

Our host replaced us with dopplegangers.

Our hosts on this distant world in a parallel universe experimented on us and in return rewarded us richly with gifts and we lived fruitful lives.

They returned us to our own world, where we should have been back at exactly the same time as we had left..With no knowledge of the event.

Their intention was to return and take more humans to experiment on.

But the plan was flawed..We returned one hour late... :shock:

And I have the proof.. 8)

They forgot to refill my cider box....The proof is there for all to see...They discovered this strange brown liquid, which turned out to be highly toxic to their species...On their return it made them sterile, dribble and incontinent..

They were too frightened to return..

Cue music and end credits...

I have an answer. Someone at the Sunday talks said they had seen the source of the strange lights. Apparently some idiot(s) were setting fire to paper bags and letting them drift upwards. As they were rising they hit a layer of fast moving air that scooted them off horizontally. Apparently they were only a few tens of feet above the ground. It can be very difficult to accurately assess the height of an object of unknown size at night.

Then again, it could have been Venusians!

Archived