Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

annoyed!

Mansnake

its been an absolutly amazing hot day and the skies have been clear all day on the norfolk coast. i was hoping to try some wide field AP with my dads nikon tonight but at the.moment we have a nice thick blanket of.cloud.! so annoyed. im praying it clears in the next hour or so

Staggering optimism on display here (:)), but do remember that we're an hour behind (two hours in winter) Sat24 time, so their 20.45 is currently our 19.45.

Either way, the real time visual check with MkI eyeball isn't holding out much hope for Cambs. I've just watched the Countryfile forecast for the week ahead. That didn't bring much hope... :(

Russell

Hi Lewis,

I live in the Stalham area (in northeast Norfolk) and find it hard to get accurate weather forecasts. I normally use the online BBC weather service but sometimes it is totally incorrect! I wonder if the problem is that the northeast coast of Norfolk is affected by wind comming off the North Sea. I have noticed in the past that when the TV says that the entire country is in full sunshine, in northeast Norfolk we have clouds off the North Sea. I now accept that any weather forecast is just a possibility and I rely upon a visual observation just before dark. However, I will try Sat 24 and see how accurate it is.

Bill

Bill, I can tell you now, as I have said before, you cannot forecast a cloud just appearing out of nowhere and this happens a lot. I use Sat24 and it gives me a general idea of what to expect for the evening, like last night, I seen that the cloud was moving East and it did clear on time and I had a few hours clear sky. The one other thing it cannot forecast and that is the sea mist which we on the coast are prone to get suddenly :)

Jim

Thank you Russell for telling how the clock works :), after using Sat 24 for over 2 years non I think I will continue to rely on it other than for sea mist rolling all of a sudden :)

Jim

Glad to be of service.;):)

To be fair, the forecast didn't stop me regularly poking my head out the door, just in case. Here in the south Fen triangle, we seem to have a bit of a micro climate of our own, so it's always worth a punt.

Out of interest, I'll be staying in friends caravan just east of Cromer next week and she always insists that they get less cloud there, than a few miles inland. Can a salty old sea dog shed any light on this?

Regardless, the Dob's making the trip anyway. I need something healthy to do, after 9pm when the wife deserts me for the sack.

Russell

Archived