Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Bubble - A work in progress (Updated)

Bizibilder

I only managed 1h 55mins of 5 min subs last night before the clouds rolled in - so this needs lots more time. Tonight looks clear but it is really hazy with quite a bit of high cloud.

120mm APO, Canon 1000D modded. ISO800, 5 min subs. HEQ5 guided with ST80 and QHY5 PHD and EQMOD.

Bubble1h55m.jpg

Last night (15th Sept) I managed a further 3h 10min of 5 min subs to make a total of 5h 5mins on this one - its still a bit noisy! I doubt if I will spend any more time on this as I think I may be at the point of diminishing returns with a DSLR set-up? Anyhow - comments and suggestions please.....

15Sept2012BubbleNebula5hoursReprocess.jpg

I had a play with your jpeg Roger, as you made a comparison between our cameras. I tried to make it similar to my one for a test of sort, and it's probably the case that yours actually goes much deeper than mine in picking up the fainter areas. I used noise reduction too - cheating perhaps... But I prefer yours!

post-16323-0-19656500-1348002962_thumb.j

Archived