NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Grab and Go

Donkeiller

I use a 6/8SE "goto" mount with my Kson 102mm (f/6) ED refractor as my "grab and go"/travel setup.

The OTA (carbon fibre) only weighs 5.6lbs and with CNC rings, 7.5lbs, so no stability problems.

Using a extension tube between the diagonal and the EP allows me to reach zenith without collisions. smile.gif

Finally I use a "pack" of 10, 1.2V NiMH rechargeables for 3-4 hours power. Much lighter than a lead-acid

battery.

The whole lot can be carried out in one trip. grin.gif

post-9883-0-73481000-1346263228_thumb.jp

Quick and easy, no issues with heavy mount you could easily take anywhere, whats the viewing like?

Pretty good.

For a f/6 it has very little CA, just a slight yellow fringe round the full moon. Vega has a slight purplish tinge, but that's it. Might be a different matter for imaging, but I'm just visual.

As far as Jupiter, Mars, Saturn go- none that I can see. Cassini seen just about as well as in my 6SE.

And much more consistently. The 'frac is alot less sensiive to poor seeing.

Splits the Double Double at x55- which I reckon is good for any scope.

Main thing is can carry it out, plonk it down and start viewing straight away.

Archived