Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My adventures with WinJUPOS

eyepod

With all this talk of De-rotation I thought i would give it a try on one of my jupiter avi's from the 19th, after reading the quick guide on Riklaunim's website (very helpful) the results are below.

post-14595-0-58344900-1345476481_thumb.p

Very pleased with the result as i have never used this before

regards

Jason :smiley:

Yeah that's a good improvement. I've been trying the Winjupos derotation thing myself but the best I get is a 0 byte video file. Can't get a stacked image at all. Whatever I do I get a load of errors. Maybe it doesn't like Windows 7 / laptops?

So you're having a better time of it, in a nutshell. :D

Thanks everyone,

Stuart, THe Winjupos avi is just over 3mins about 1812 frames at 10fps I did have trouble in putting the de-rotated avi through Castrator, it just locked up and wouldn't load the file. Its not a problem because i think i'm right in saying AS!2 has Castrator built in you just resize the avi window in AS!2 and it does the same thing.

King, Sorry your having trouble, I'm running Winjupos on a tiny ASUS netbook its a dual core 1.6Gig with 2GB RAM but only has Win7 starter runs fine on that...

Have you looked here http://www.rkblog.rk.edu.pl/w/p/planetary-maps-and-de-rotation-winjupos/

regards

jason

Thanks everyone,

Stuart, THe Winjupos avi is just over 3mins about 1812 frames at 10fps regards

jason

Hmmmm.....I suspect the main area of improvement is from the fact that you're probably shootiing Jupiter for around the correct timelength for an avi at the f/l I'd presume your system employs Jason: even at 10/11 metres f/l you can image for up to 3 minutes .....Stuart investigates these aspects in his current thread.....my only real interest is how long was the avi/stacksize in the "without WinJUPOS" example compared to the "with WinJUPOS"....?

But WinJupos is a powerful tool, although it isn't an automatic benefit for all avi's... :smiley:

I agree its not good for all avi's, I tried on some lower quality one's where the seeing was only average and its made no improvement. i think you need good data to begin with especially with only 10fps..

the (without) avi was put through castrator and final stack was 1792 frames, the (with) avi was just put through AS!2 and was 1812 frames

Jason :smiley:

Archived