Heart Nebula, two flavours.

ollypenrice

The Heart in HaRGB and then just Ha. Tak FSQ85ED (at F3.9, FL=328mm) on EM200 with Atik 4000 mono.

Ha 5 Hours, Red 120 mins, Green 60 mins, Blue 110 mins.

This is processsed for contrast rather than depth since I wanted to emphasize the heart shape. It is hard to keep star colour with an Ha dominated image but I combined the ha mainly with red in Blend Mode Lighten and then lightly as Lum in Blend Mode Luminance and Blend Mode Soft Light, the latter being great for losing star haloes.

I've been praising Yves' Mesu Mount recently but the Tak EM200 was pretty impressive as well on this one.

tak-lodestar-M.jpg

Olly

Full Ha. http://ollypenrice.s...85PHz2&lb=1&s=O

HEART-Ha-XL.jpg

Full HaRGB http://ollypenrice.s...tjfKhb&lb=1&s=O

HEART-HaRGB-10HRSWEB-XL.jpg

That looks amazing! I like how you processed the shape instead of the normal depth. I think you pulled off the star color very well. Posting all these amazing shots with the Mesu is not helping to convince me to save money lol.

That looks amazing! I like how you processed the shape instead of the normal depth. I think you pulled off the star color very well. Posting all these amazing shots with the Mesu is not helping to convince me to save money lol.

This was with a Takahshi mount, not the Mesu, but it's actually more expensive (though it shouldn't be!)

Olly

This was with a Takahshi mount, not the Mesu, but it's actually more expensive (though it shouldn't be!)

Olly

Oh..my bad. But still all your amazing images keeps making my future upgrade decisions even harder. I have a HEQ5 pro at the moment and don't think the price for upgrading to the NEQ6 is worth only the couple extra pounds of weight increase. And since you've been posting so many wonderful images with the mesu I think I'll just keep saving and get something in the mesu ball park. And again the the image. Hear and Soul nebs. are one of my favorite.

Oh..my bad. But still all your amazing images keeps making my future upgrade decisions even harder. I have a HEQ5 pro at the moment and don't think the price for upgrading to the NEQ6 is worth only the couple extra pounds of weight increase. And since you've been posting so many wonderful images with the mesu I think I'll just keep saving and get something in the mesu ball park. And again the the image. Hear and Soul nebs. are one of my favorite.

Forget weight. Think focal length. This image would have been no different at all had I used an HEQ5 in good adjustment. It would still have been sub pixel and the result would have been identical. The stuff Yves and I do on the Mesu is at 2.4 metres of FL, not at 0.33 metres. Here you do need accuracy. In general discussion about mounts we hear endlessly about payload but when you get serious imagers together that hardly ever comes up. Big telescopes do need payload but that alone will not do. (Sorry, EQ6.)

Long FLs need accuracy, but the good news is that short FLs don't.

You like the Soul

as well. Your wish is my command. A new scope is on the mount and the Soull is it's target!

Olly

Forget weight. Think focal length. This image would have been no different at all had I used an HEQ5 in good adjustment. It would still have been sub pixel and the result would have been identical. The stuff Yves and I do on the Mesu is at 2.4 metres of FL, not at 0.33 metres. Here you do need accuracy. In general discussion about mounts we hear endlessly about payload but when you get serious imagers together that hardly ever comes up. Big telescopes do need payload but that alone will not do. (Sorry, EQ6.)

Long FLs need accuracy, but the good news is that short FLs don't.

You like the Soul

as well. Your wish is my command. A new scope is on the mount and the Soull is it's target!

Olly

Lol I wasn't asking for you to capture the Soul but hey I won't turn that down :grin:

Never really thought about the super long FL. Use to my ED80 and newts. Nothing at 2.4 metes. So all I'm use to thinking about is weight. Guess that throws in another thing to think about....good thing I have several years and other upgrades to consider before I move to a mount like the mesu.

Great image as always olly, and i cant wait to see the Soul neb ;) A great bit of advice too.

Lol I wasn't asking for you to capture the Soul but hey I won't turn that down :grin:

Never really thought about the super long FL. Use to my ED80 and newts. Nothing at 2.4 metes. So all I'm use to thinking about is weight. Guess that throws in another thing to think about....good thing I have several years and other upgrades to consider before I move to a mount like the mesu.

You dont need to spend an absolute fortune on equipment. You just need to know how to use it, and take your time. A dark sky, a load of subs, and the right exposure times for the right subject. A balanced, well aligned guided setup.

Really good quality data, and alot of it equals results like above.

You will need a really accurate mount, and a good balance for a scope like Olly's :)

Great image as always olly, and i cant wait to see the Soul neb ;) A great bit of advice too.

You dont need to spend an absolute fortune on equipment. You just need to know how to use it, and take your time. A dark sky, a load of subs, and the right exposure times for the right subject. A balanced, well aligned guided setup.

Really good quality data, and alot of it equals results like above.

You will need a really accurate mount, and a good balance for a scope like Olly's :)

I'm not looking for the most expensive stuff, unless I win the lottery but the odds aren't in my favor. But I have a lot to get before I move to a mount like Ollys and Yves.

Archived