Totally hooked

Dave73

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I have already got my wife interested and tempted her outside at midnight with a bottle of wine.

Ill keep you all posted on what i see.

Looking forward to Saturn and will try hard not to wake the neighbours :laugh:

Good idea on the tempting the wife outside with a bottle of wine, I would try that with my wife but she wouldn't trust me. :grin:

Not bad for a small cheap scope. A few clear but light polluted nights but stumbled across ring nebula in lyra. Seen Andromada and three moons of Jupiter in the very early hours. Very pleased

Not bad for a small cheap scope. A few clear but light polluted nights but stumbled across ring nebula in lyra. Seen Andromada and three moons of Jupiter in the very early hours. Very pleased

• 4 months later...

Can anyone confirm if a 3" table top scope would be able to view M57 as after talking to someone who knows a lot more than me, he was not sure that a small scope would be capable of viewing this. It was a very clear night and i remember spending a long time star hoping and also using a phone app. fixed to the rear of this small scope to help locate the ring nebula. What i saw appeared to be a VERY small smudge with a hole in it (and i mean small).

I will try again on a nice clear night !

Can anyone confirm if a 3" table top scope would be able to view M57 as after talking to someone who knows a lot more than me, he was not sure that a small scope would be capable of viewing this. It was a very clear night and i remember spending a long time star hoping and also using a phone app. fixed to the rear of this small scope to help locate the ring nebula. What i saw appeared to be a VERY small smudge with a hole in it (and i mean small).

I will try again on a nice clear night !

i see a perfect circle[think of a smoke ring only very small] on a 8" and 10" dob and a star in the centre ,from dark site, in lp glasgow its just the ring ] so i imagine you have seen it ,it would be very small on your 3" but messier himself was using a 4" scope with, i imagine, cruder mirror's but he would have had a lot less lp , it's one of my fav messiers along with 27,41,110, etc etc etc :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived