Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New scope, safely installed

daz

My new 8" RC was delivered yesterday! Like a kid a Christmas, got it mounted up when I got home!

I had the focuser changed to the Steel Track, as I have the Steel Drive motor focus unit, and the carbon fibre tube - partly because of the thermal properties, but also because it look sexy!!

So, first night last night, but with mixed results.....

Need to rethink the balance (new ADM clamp en route to help, but suspect I'll need the dovetail weights as well)

Think collimation needs a tweak, as I had a smear on the stars - uniform in length and direction, so pretty sure its the collimation

Bobs Knobs have been ordered as I really don't fancy using metal tools at the open end of the tube - have been through that pain before!

Additional extension tube for the focuser needed (and ordered) to reduce the distance the focuser racks out

But, the FoV is great and I can't wait to really put it through its paces - but of course, the obligatory clouds have now settled in for the next millenium!!

:D

post-29-0-38600100-1345115508_thumb.jpg

Archived