Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Website down!

Our website has been running slow today and has just disappeared altogether!

We have contacted our hosting company who say the server has crashed but will be back up and running soon.

This is unusual for them, they are normally very reliable.

Our email and helpdesk are unaffected.

Apologies for the inconvenience :blush:

Steve

It's scary how reliant we are on the web these days!

I think Scary does not even come close to been in the same ball park, the brum warehouse now has 4 independent Lines / service providers and 3 separate channel management solutions for the net... talk about paranoia !

Rest assured, I've been on your website a few times throughout the day today and have noticed no problems whatsoever. Was probably just a small temporary glitch solved by turning something off and then back on again.

Rest assured, I've been on your website a few times throughout the day today and have noticed no problems whatsoever. Was probably just a small temporary glitch solved by turning something off and then back on again.

Ah but did you "splash the cash" Mike :grin: .. took me a good hour to get through SagePay !!

It is scary. We have a 100Mb fiber leased line. We also have 4 8Mb ADSL lines as backup, and I've recently insisted that we also have a stock of 3G USB dongles for when everything else just stops...

Roughly half the people here have laptops - so even if the power goes out completely we are still able to continue for an hour or two :)

Ant

Roughly half the people here have laptops - so even if the power goes out completely we are still able to continue for an hour or two :)

Now there's the thing. Never mind the interwebs, a power cut can utterly paralyse most people these days. I can *just* recall the power blackouts during the early part of the 70s. People just "got by". I'm sure I recall playing board games with the rest of the family by candle light. I just can't quite see the same reaction now.

James

Archived