Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hi all a little ep help please

smac

hi all

after looking at the heavens for the last year with my trusty bino`s they have broke and so i purchased a scope a little earlier than planned i got the sw 200p on an eq5 mount and was advised to look into a replacement barlow as the kit one aint upto the job was wondering if anyone had some options i could look into?

thanks

1. What's your budget?

2. What's your eyepiece collection?

TAL 2x used to be the good budget option but I heard they are discontinued. Celestron Ultima have received some good review but they are expensive. Other expensive choices include Televue and Meade Telextender/Bresser SA

I was thinking maybe getting a barlow and replacing the 10mm lens as ive seen the tal barlow for £30 ish so might have some acsh left for an eyepiece

On the plus side the TV barlow will last for ever and hold most of it's value. I have one and the highest compliment I can pay it is that I don't notice its there.

If going down the EP route bide your time and buy quality at the cheapest price you can. Dont be tempted to go for loads of cheap ones.

hi thanks for the reply at the moment i only have the 10mm and 20mm and barlow that came with the scope my budget is under £70 ideally

Is the barlow a 2x? in that case, a 2x barlow would only help with the 10mm EP.

I'd recommend getting a 3x barlow and obviously expanding your ep kit. Which is your question, right? You can probably find 2, maybe 3 EPs for a little above or below 70 euros depending on the quality you expect. Try TeleVue or Orion. I'm not sure if Orion will ship to Europe though.

A BST 12mm would be good in your scope. 8mm is outstanding in mine.

Also, if you're looking at a plossl consider getting a sterling 12.5mm from the states. About 23 quid if you don't get collared by customs, about 35 if you do.

Archived