NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Albireo

CKemu

post-9886-0-66809500-1343146329_thumb.jp

First time I'd ever seen this object and was so blown away by the colour contrast, I spent ages just looking at it through the eyepiece before photographing it. After months of grey skies my PS3 has had more love than the telescope, to the point where I had to crack out the WD40 on a few screw threads! Gosh I've missed the night sky!

Had a tricky time getting the colour to pop out of DSS, but after a little trial and error, I managed to squeeze a little something from it.

Thanks everyone, glad people like this photo - wasn't sure I'd gotten it right as it's the first time I've attempted keeping star colour or processing such a bright set of stars.

I forgot the technical detail in my original post:

Strong Suburban Light Pollution

Meade LX90 8" @ Prime focuse

ISO 1600

64 x 30s L Frames

20 x 30s D Frames

Processed in CS6

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to keep some of my "focusing" shots whilst my cardboard mask is on - this was the sequence from that night and I thought it was rather "pretty".

post-9886-0-63611700-1343258318_thumb.jp

Archived