Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 2nd and 3rd DSO's

Zendrix

Hi all!

I hought i might share with you my 2nd and 3rd DSO's, them being The Laggon Nebula and the Trifid Nebula, M8 and M20.

I have a skywatcher 130mm, an EQ2, a 4x R.A. motor and a Canon 1000D. I used 20 sec subs at ISO800, once anything above that exposure time (tried 30s) would give me many more pics that i couldnt use. I'm guessing the wind hitting on that fragile setup with 30 sec subs would increase the probability of ruining the subs much more... but the good ones would be spot on, no star trails... so i supposed it was the wind, not sure though. might be periodic error as well?

Anyway, those are my baby steps... Would surely appreciate your comments :D

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Rui

Thank you people! You are too kind! :)

I took around 140 x 20sex subs, but only stacked between 40 and 50 for both cases, plus 30 darks and 10 bias (although they told me maybe i dont need them) and no flats. I have a lot of LP and no filters, so i am using Gradient Xterminator... but i wonder how much detail you might loose, even if you isolate your target. I hope i can try with dark skies sometime.

Archived