Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Before I forget how to post an image :p C11 Edge first light

Tim

Very pleased to actually get out under a clear sky last night. I don't think I have posted any images at all since the forum upgrade, I've certainly taken very few of them.

Got myself a shiny C11 Edge a little while ago, and this was its first outing after initial testing. So nothing too pretty to look at just yet, but thought I would post up this little sequence of 6 x 20 mins in Ha from last night. This is also the longest focal length I have ever imaged at (2800mm I think?). Little bit of creep over the 2 hours, a few pixels, will have to see if I can address that, but otherwise the trusty old EQ6 did remarkably well :)

M27

Atik 428 Binned 2x2

C11 @ f10, off the top of my head I think that's around 0.83 arcsec/pixel, might be wrong though, haven't checked.

Just a stretch applied, no calibration frames, no other post processing. Full frame result.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

post-1391-0-22774400-1343077333_thumb.jp

And another with the same specs, M16, a tricky, but favourite target of mine :) Actually, with the size of the C11, part of the corrector is below my obsy wall on this target, it is very low from Coventry, getting a little detail through though.

5 x 20 mins Ha

Cheers

Tim

post-1391-0-99101200-1343077804_thumb.jp

Holy smoke, Tim, now I can see the images. That is a superb performance from mount, scope and astronomer! Your EQ6 is way better than mine, that is most certain.

The resolution is absolutely splendid - indeed thrilling. It's only the F ratio that stands between my cheque book and the C11!

Keep 'em coming.

Olly

Great stuff Tim, stunning detail for the time. How are you guiding?

I have a Celestron OAG with a Lodestar. Input into PHD, then through EQMod's pulseguiding setup I alter the aggression of the guiding in EQMOD. For most of these images the RMS was around 1-1.1, and OSC index of 0.35 - 0.45.

Some targets are easier to guide on than others. I was doing the bubble last night and that started out a bit shaky, but then settled to a very smooth graph and ran for four hours while I slept :)

I used to use a DSI Pro which seemed incredibly sensitive, but I have to say, the Lodestar completely blows anything else I have seen out of the water. Even at this focal length, and at f10, I had a choice of around 10 stars per target to guide on.

Thanks for the comments :)

It's only the F ratio that stands between my cheque book and the C11!

Olly

Thanks Olly. The slow speed put me off for quite some time, but this new breed of larger chip sensitive cameras that can be run at 2x2 quite happily without being blocky go a long way to getting around the slower f ratio. I was surprised really to see so much of the faint outer stuff around M27 come though on just a 20 min sub, and although its been clear it still isn't exactly dark here, so perhaps from a dark location even more would show up.

Archived