Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p dob mods

lennylovit

hi all a few of us got 200p wot mods have you done ?,

my list so far

flocked

centred focuser + center spot on tube (for lazer)

lazy susan + pads

adj legs (£1.50 each focus bargin bin)

ali center bush + ali washer

wot next ???

how tight are the spider nuts done up ????

post-12685-0-29227600-1343060546_thumb.j

post-12685-0-81829100-1343060618_thumb.j

post-12685-0-27965300-1343060716_thumb.j

post-12685-0-66597800-1343060757_thumb.j

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Len I've added bobs knobs d to aid in primary and secondary collimation , a setting circle and wixey for push to and added a telrad and right angle correcting spotting scope as well.now all I need to do is get the whole lot back out in the dark

again

telrad is next on my shopping list ,wixey on order ,got right angle correcting finder on my 127 to swop over,s/steel capheads in both primary and secondary but spider is giving me grief ,collimation go's out when i put end cover on and off , spider is pulling end ring out of shape so how tight must it be ??? cannot get it right try again in the morning

good job Knobby, why dont you turn down the center bolt and get a flexi drive into bolt with the encoder above with the half nut locking the bolt on the bace board it stays sill and mount the encoder on top with the flexi drive

dont know how to post a link but look at this on ebay 300746124336

good job Knobby, why dont you turn down the center bolt and get a flexi drive into bolt with the encoder above with the half nut locking the bolt on the bace board it stays sill and mount the encoder on top with the flexi drive

dont know how to post a link but look at this on ebay 300746124336

Cheers Lenny

yep ... like the look of that flexi coupler, you can see what i mean by early stage prototype !

Its held together at the moment with cardboard from the Skywatcher box :grin:

The reason I used the timing belt / pulley was the encoder only seemed to work clockwise, much more fiddling to do me thinks

Also .... please accept my apologies, I've just realised that this is the South Wales group, It didn't show up on tapatalk

' I have been to Wales though, only for about 5 minutes '

thats another story

Doesn't say it only works clockwise on the Axminster site and their list of possible uses includes things that can't be completely rotated. I might ask them before ordering.

James

hi all a few of us got 200p wot mods have you done ?,

my list so far

flocked

centred focuser + center spot on tube (for lazer)

lazy susan + pads

adj legs (£1.50 each focus bargin bin)

ali center bush + ali washer

wot next ???

how tight are the spider nuts done up ????

I like what youve done with the ali centre bush, has the same effect as my oversized M14 bolt in stopping side movement ?

I have just emailed them to find out. If it works then it might be neater than a setting circle for my dob base, not to mention easier to make work. I guess I should have asked which way it turns as the angle increases, but that didn't occur to me at the time. Can you enlighten us, knobby?

James

I assume that if you set it to zero in "absolute" mode, it will tell you how far the spindle has turned in a given direction in total. Could be that it will keep going past 360 to represent multiple turns.

If you set it to "relative" mode, I'd expect it to tell you how far from the zero point you are.

The latter is the one I think you want for our porpoises.

James

Aha. Thanks for the video. That makes sense. I guess it should work fine then, it just looks like it needs the cardboard box mod to reverse the spindle direction and make it work in the right sense for azimuth measurement?

James

Archived