Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p dob mods

lennylovit

Hi stargazer, does the flocking make much difference?

I've not tried my scope since flocking it but it should make some improvement to contrast. I think other people are right in saying that all these changes make small differences and should add up to a better viewing experiance. But ultimatly apature is king... :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah looks good Clayton, still to get mine out in the dark yet hopefully a week Saturday well find out

Yes, im holding off from using it until we are at the dark site. Not only have i flocked but ive also got my new ep's. Im hoping the effect will be more dramatic, but will probably just be disappointed lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Decided to have a look at this thread since I just got my own Skyliner 200P. :)

I got mine second hand and the seller had tried to attach a plate to the side of the mount. The holes are tiny and I think I can just paint over them but what paint would I need?

Also, the seller gave me a Lazy Susan. Would It be worth attaching it and if so, how would I go about doing it?

you can buy Teflon pads from Amazon - I think a pack was about £6 if I remember - you'd fit these to the deck board of the Dob - they should then be in contact with the upper board - but if their not you can raise them by cutting circular washers out of plastic milk bottles to incrementally raise the height of the Teflon pads. Some people use these "washers" ro replace or enhance the existing teflon pads that come with the 200p - I didn't myself but have got them raising the new pads I bought to slow the lazy susan movement down a little.

Hi Ant.

I was just going to fill the holes with car body filler and some white smoothrite paint,but left tthe holes just to show you that the holes weren't that big.

If you do do this level the filler off as you fill the holes so you don't need to rub it down and then just dab the paint on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just slapped a setting circle on my U.S. version of your 200p. So far I've added an inclinometer, pushed the mirror up the tube three inches and now the setting circle. Now to figure out what extension tube I need for my EPs.

post-25905-135024260404_thumb.jpgExcuse the dust on the dob base. Had just finished trying to sand and polish the pine pointer holder and hasn't cleaned it up yet.

Archived