Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recomend me a monthly astro mag

Essex Stargazer

S at N, Astronomy Now, Sky and Telescope ..... take your pick. Probably the best thing to do is leaf through a few next time you're in WHSmiths, and see which one you like. Alternatively, you could listen to Mike and his mate Dave's podcast, thread here: http://stargazerslou...n-is-requested/. Site here: http://www.2020astro.com/. It's free, monthly, and quite entertaining to boot! :)

If I was going to get a magazine it would have to be Sky & Telescope, as this is the only one I really like, and will pick up and buy if I see it. Not keen on the British ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Andy (Black Knight) and flick through a couple of mags to see what they have to offer and whether their content suits your experience. On several occasions I have thought about a subscription and SKy @ Night certainly has some great offers but in the end I found that I just buy any astro mag purely on its specific content be it a decent review on some kit that I'm thinking of getting or an article on a specific aspect of observing (Patrick Moore's regular section 'Moonwatch') at the end of the day it depends on what you are interested in.

Clear skies

James

If I was going to get a magazine it would have to be Sky & Telescope, as this is the only one I really like, and will pick up and buy if I see it. Not keen on the British ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not had the pleasure of reading a copy of that yet. i'll keep an eye out .

I'm biased because I occasionally write for Astronomy Now, but I started buying AN when I started out in astronomy 'some time' ago. I like it, though, and hugely enjoy making my little contributions. Check them out and see which one suits you most.

Olly

Archived