Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

painted constellations ceiling for kids room

skywatcher250

well i take it fibre optics is out of the way then probably way too expensive but they can create comets and shooting stars etc probably be able to create a supernova and the birth of new stars :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I want my ceiling to have glow in the dark stars on too! I was thinking about getting my daughter some of those stick on ones but the stuff on this thread is faaaar cooler than that!

Wow I want my ceiling to have glow in the dark stars on too! I was thinking about getting my daughter some of those stick on ones but the stuff on this thread is faaaar cooler than that!

It is, isn't it? :)

My son has loads of glow-in-the-dark stars in his room, but I'd love to do something like this.

James

ok I've made my mind up to go with the original lady who quoted me 450 ... not cheap BUT it just looks unreal - ill get it booked in, done and pics uploaded when complete - better hold off from buying any other stuff or my wife will murder me !!!

Or a faint orange with loads of clouds, just so they can get used to the crushing disappointment.

now now, don't be like that. after all kids like dinosaurs and they're also a distant memory :grin:

If you want to do it properly then you need a hemispherical ceiling, like this one in Florence (Old Sacristy, San Lorenzo) painted in 1442. And if you want to do it really properly then the centre of the sphere needs to be at the observer's eye. So you maybe need to move to an igloo.

post-1955-0-42197900-1341479417_thumb.jp

Archived