Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Heath 2013 Dates ????

Who knows Noel, but suffice it to say that the change in booking meant that the area that a group of us booked was sold out to other people before we even go chance to re-book for 2012.

It pee'd me off so much that I'll not be going back to Kelling Heath star parties again.

Maybe contact the organizers direct and then let us know the answer you get? http://www.starparty.org.uk/

Cheers

Ant

• 3 weeks later...

They seem to be very a cliquish. And I don't understand why.

I have been lucky to get a spare pitch for this years event. And it will be the first time, that I have been to this event. I hope to be able to secure a place next year, but if I can't so be it.

It's more a logistics thing than "cliquiness" Paul. It's quite an effort to go from "regular campers" one week to "astro camping" the next week - especially when a lot of astronomy folks want to stay for an extended period either side of the main weekend.

They often get an overlap and mixing astronomy with regular camping can be a recipe for trouble. On top of all that it has to be scheduled around the new moon making it even more difficult. Last year the bookings were opened a month early for astronomers but it took us all by surprise - me included. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booking in at 9am today. I just missed the booking last night at 20:05hrs.

I'm having problems with accessing Starparty.org. Is any one else having any trouble?

I'm getting my booking sorted for 2013, when I haven't been to this years star party. This one will be my first time!

So I hope they have booked plenty of nice weather, for me and my mate?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived