Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16 and M20 from Bogotá, Colombia

Hi

I want to share with you all two pictures of M16 and M20

These images were taken from my backyard in the suburban area of Bogotá, Colombia, with a Canon T1i DSLR (unmodified) through a Celestron C6 SCT at f5.8 (measured from image, FL 870 mm) on an iOptron iEQ45 equatorial mount:

M16, Eagle Nebula: total exposure 4hr (48 x 5 min) at ISO 1600 http://flic.kr/p/ckTpZs

M20, Trifid Nebula: total exposure 3hr 15min (39 x 5 min) at ISO 1600 http://flic.kr/p/ckTxZ9

Details on the pictures.

I´ll be glad to hear your comments and criticism

Thanks for looking!

Best regards

Alfredo

Nice work Alfredo. I like the Trifid best. You have some star colour in there and that is not always the case with DSLR images. I also like the way none of the core is over exposed. Very subtle details are showing.

Olly

Well, thank you all for your kind words.

I also liked both of the pictures. And yes, the Trifid is almost overhead here in Bogotá, given our low latitude (4.8N). Nevertheless, here at Bogotá we are 2600 meters above sea level.

Here we have no seasons as in higher latitudes. So, all through the year we have practically the same temperature which at night falls between 4C and 8C. This helps a little bit for imaging with the DSLR which always has a sensor temperature about 23C as indicated by Backyard EOS (great capture software by the way).

Best regards,

Alfredo

Hi

In fact another targets are more difficult here for me. The CLS does a great job but I feel the blue light doesn't go easily through it unless the object is over head. I'll have to try, but if you look at my gallery, this happened with the M51 image (I didn't like it but posted it) and the M81-M82 image (I liked it a little more, but didn't please me at all).

Best regards,

Alfredo

Archived