Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 the full 21 hour Monty.

ollypenrice

Cracking Ha run last night. 5 hours of clean data to add to the 4 we had so the final tally is RGB 4.5 hours. O111 8.5 hours. Ha 9 hours.

Very hard to process the halo. It needs a giant stretch but that mucks up the stars in the halo as well, so those need sorting afterwards. I didn't get them perfect but I can potter at that during the moon.

OllyM27-web-crop-XL.jpg

Wonderful image Olly.

I like it with the Oiii pushed more to the blue side like that. Mine always comes out more green.

Are the background stars in this area of sky all orange / gold or is there a big diffuse cloud of stuff in the way that makes it appear so?

That is a fantastic image. I did not realise I would get to see the final image so quickly after the last post. Your skies are clearly far better than ours at the moment.

Clear Skies,

Matthew

I doubt that any skies in the UK compare with Provence, to be honest. Also we are at 3000 feet, which is no handicap. I'm cheating!

Re starfield star colour I suspect that I'm guilty of having let the brighter blue stars overexpose and lose colour. Something to come back to.

Olly

Olly thats amazing! Never seend the outer halo like that before. Very nicely done. I think the processing is spot on! But I'm sure you can see details that can be pulled out more than me. Again looks amazing!

Yes, mine are orange as well, hence my question. it's comforting to see I didn't botch it, they really are that colour :D

I love the crenellations in the outer halo as well.

Archived